Our Journey Has Begun

Vagabonds,  itinerants, wayfarers, drifters or free spirits. You can call us any of these. This is not travels with Charlie by any stretch of the imagination. This is an old man and an old dog and an old truck with no other home. The old man gets a social Security check each month direct deposited so there's enough money for food and occasional gas. So the wandering will be random and perhaps seldom once we get to the particular area we're interested in. That would be the southwest corner of Colorado, one of the most beautiful places in the world, at least my world which isn't that small. I've never seen England I've never seen France but I've seen my share of underpants. I actually have been in almost every state of the contiguous United States. So I know a little bit about beautiful places.
Today we find ourselves at Valley of the Fires National Monument near Carrizozo New Mexico.
It's a little warmer here then it is up in Colorado so we're going to stay here for five days. Then perhaps, but not certain, being vagabonds, we're going to head west to a little place called Pie Town New Mexico. I have heard it's one of the best disappointments you ever could have.
There's a National Forest in that area where we will probably camp for a week or so by which time it should be a little warmer in Colorado. We have some friends there we've never met and are looking forward to sitting down and getting acquainted face to face.
Today is Wednesday March 28th, 2018 the second day of our homeless journey. The first day was filled with torrential downpour from the time we left my friend's house in Texas to the time we got to Roswell New Mexico where we stayed in a very cheap very funky motel. I've budgeted one motel a month for a good nights sleep on a bed and a hot tub to soak in. I've also potentially budgeted a few Hot Springs visits but those are dependent on food availability.
I was kind of lazy today and only set up just the small tent for Duchess. Tomorrow I will set up the big tent so I can sleep on my cot. Tonight we're sleeping in the back of the truck. It's quite warm in here.
Duchess is snoring as I dictate this entry and it is about time for me to do the same. I have many pictures to go with this post but I will be uploading them the next time I have free Wi-Fi.

If you are able to and wish to help us along our journey, please visit

https://www.gofundme.com/an-old-dog-an-old-man-in-an-old-tru?pc=expt_em_co_shareflow_m_89_2&rcid=r01-152234437093-30a939fb467b49af

Thanks and come back in a week or so for our next post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost Happy birthday for me

Gila cliff dwellings, hot springs and more

Somewhere in the San Juan National Forest